My Stepdad's A Cop And My Stepmom's A Domme review by NOFX

• Released: Jun 19, 2012
NOFX: My Stepdad's A Cop And My Stepmom's A Domme

"My Stepdad's A Cop And My Stepmom's A Domme" is a solid EP by NOFX. The two songs are good, but not great. NOFX has pumped out much better stuff than this, but being only an EP, I can only hope for the best with their new album coming out in September.

Fat Mike would not be my first choice of a good singer, but his voice fits the stylings of NOFX. The lyrics of the EP are good, however, the song "My Stepdad's A Cop And My Stepmom's A Domme" sounds like it was written by just listing the similarities of both professions.

Hopefully their new album in September will be like or better than this EP. I do wish that the album would include NOFX's signature ska sound (with El Heffe's vocals). Overall it has been a solid preview to their new album.

alkalineweeman
    I think i'll just wait for the full length. If i bought every E.P. Nofx released i'd be dirt broke. Chances are these 2 songs will appear on some compilation in the future anyway. For a band that claims they're all about the fans they do release alot of the same songs on multiple releases.
    Somerandomguy95
    Yes, NOFX already recorded the new album coming in September. From what I read, I think that they recorded this after the album.
    dankhus
    NOFX's signature ska sound
    Ska signature sound? NOFX? Humorous review.
    morciu
    i listened to it on youtube, and i gotta say i'm not really impressed, it's not bad but it's not really too good either. Kind of mediocre.