Pump Up the Valuum review by NOFX

• Released: May 30, 2000
NOFX: Pump Up the Valuum

Start to finish: great album. Hands down my personal favorite of all their all albums (I have all except war on errorism, liberal animation, heavy petting zoo). No ska on this one, but thats fine with me cuz I don't think its for them anyways. They play ska well, but I think fast and furious punk sounds more like their sound. Melvin and Hefe both have some great solos. Smelly (Erik Sandin) occaisionally branches out with some creative beats and fills. fat Mike uses pretty simple riffs, but the dynamic duo (Melvin+Hefe) cover for him on that.

I have a friend whos all about NOFX. He says they're different and superior from other punk bands because of "intelligent lyrics." And hes serious. He doesn't have pump up the valuum, so hes never heard "Clams Have Feelings Too" or "Louise". Intelligent lyrics my ass. Good, yes. Intelligent, noway in hell. But if your like me, you couldn't care less about about intelligent lyrics. If they make sense and have at least some meaning behind them, then great if not, o well.

Best NOFX album (I think so at least). Hilights for me are: take two placebos and call me lame, pharmacists daughter, and theme from a NOFX album. Fast, hard, loud. Good formula. No hatin on this album. Worth the price if it was stolen, I'd get it again asap. That's about it.