Punk in Drublic review by NOFX

• Released: Jul 19, 1994
NOFX: Punk in Drublic

The sound. Beautiful. Easy to play songs are turned into majestic ballads of solid punk music. With only one acoustic song, one blues melody, they have 17 songs on this CD that have given this CD's title of the best Nofx CD ever recorded. This was my first NoFx CD to buy. And its one of my best CDs out of the 100 I own. The guitar solos are scarce. But Eric Melvin and El Hefe handle treat them well. Fat Mike's bass talent is fantastic and goes well with the music. But the most under rated member of the band, Eric Smelly is the drummer. He has a lot of talent which isn't shown off in this one as it is in others.

The lyrics are just as fantastic. "Oi Oi! We're the Brews, sportin' Anti - Swastika Tattoos" from the Brews. Which is an amazingly well written song. The lyrics are somewhat strange with the music. Not that they aren't good, they're awesome. But I can't help think that they might have been written in no less than fifteen minutes. Fat Mike's vocals never fail to impress. His obnoxious tone gives Nofx their obnoxious song titles and fast sound. I used to think it was Eric Melvin who sang the songs. But I have yet to learn the best of them even though I could consider I'm one of their biggest fans.

This is their most depressing album. Depressing songs, depressing lyrics, depressing sound. The proof of this is with the songs like "Lori Meyers," "Reeko," "Don't Call Me White" and "Linoleum." But that doesn't stop the greatness of this CD. The best tracks are "Linoleum," "Leave It Alone," "The Cause," "Perfect Government," "Jeff Wears Birkenstocks?" "Punk Guy ('Cause He Does Punk Things)," "Happy Guy," "Reeko" and "Scavenger Type." But overall, all the songs on this CD are fantastic. Nofx brought out the punk revolution with Rancid, Offspring and Green Day in 1994, and they're about to make another comeback in April 2006. Under any circumstances, I recommend you aquire this CD.

Zell182
    I like this album 'scavenger type' is the best song but the brews sucks compared to the live album