Ribbed Review

NOFX: Ribbed
Released: Mar 26, 1991
Genre: Punk Rock
Label: Epitaph Records
This is a very underrated album and probably the best NOFX album along with "Punk in Drublic."
 8.6
 8.7
 8.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Ribbed Reviewed by: paride.casale, on january 09, 2016

Sound: This is NOFX's third album and it's the last album with the guitarist Steve Kidwiller before he was replaced by El Hefe on the next album "White Trash, Two Heebs and A Bean." The sound is as good as every album Epitaph Records recorded. The voice of Fat Mike is very different than what he used to sound from "Punk in Drublic" to all the albums which were released after it. I think this album is the fastest album NOFX ever released tied to "Liberal Animation." There are also some kinda metal solo in "Nowhere," "Green Corn" and "Gonoherpasyphilaids." // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics are most about adolescent problems and society criticism. For example "Green Corn" is a song about fat Mike's impression of being different than the other guys, "The Moron Brothers" according to Fat Mike is about Smelly and his brother, "Showerdays" is about the not needing of Fat Mike about have a shower all days, El Lay is about how he thinks about people of LA who only care about being famous and lazy, "New Boobs" is about the desperate needing of cosmetic surgery of most of the women, "Nowhere" talks about how the people should not brawl about the politic's preference because after-all we are all humans. Yeah, basically the lyrics that the punk's albums always have. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is a very underrated album and I think is the best NOFX album along with "Punk in Drublic." Like I said before this album is very fast and have some very interesting lyrics considering that when Fat Mike wrote these lyrics he was very young. Anyway I really suggest you to purchase this album if you are a punk fan and more importantly a NOFX fan. It's quite different than the other NOFX album because except the song "I Don't Want You Around," the album is not formed by any ska song. I can't choose one favourite song of this album, I love every single one. If it were stolen I would surely buy it again, both on vinyl and CD. // 9

Comments