The Decline review by NOFX

• Released: Nov 23, 1999
NOFX: The Decline

Though quite technically this album is one song. It is still one hell of a song. The way NoFX have combined different components into one 18 minute masterpiece is brilliant. There are no self-indulging solos like we grew accustomed to during the '60s and '70s. Most of it is well written lyrics and little bass/guitar licks.

The lyrics, well, what are to say about lyrics apart from "bloody spectacular." The whole song has the theme of the "decline" of the USA with little mini themes such as the condemnation of the Religious and Constitutional Rights. After listening to the song a few times it made me think about my view on American politics.

It is almost completly different to other NoFX releases in that obviously it's much longer. But also the subject in which the song is about. I love it how they have structured this song so well that every bit is as good as the last. And when the solos come on they never fail to impress. I sometimes wonder whether they could of made this song in parts like Pink Floyd's "Shine On Your Crazy Diamond." Although when I think about it, it would be hard to seperate the song into parts because as I said, it is structured so well that everything just fits together.

chunkanator
    i'm still trying to find out what grade this is on bass, if its grade 8 i can do it for my audition for university