Wolves In Wolves' Clothing review by NOFX

• Released: Apr 18, 2006
NOFX: Wolves In Wolves' Clothing

"Wolves In Wolves' Clothing" has to be one of the better, if not the best NOFX record. Lots of the songs are strong and softer when you need it. It is still the classic NOFX that we all love, and a bit extra! 1. "60%" - I really liked this song as an opener. Starts off slow, than picks up setting the tone for the rest of the record. As Fat Mike says in the song, it is the mission statement of "Wolves In Wolves' Clothing". 2. "USA-Holes" - Right off that bat hearing that bass you know this song is gonna be fast. I really enjoy Fat Mike's lyrics in this song as well. Very catchy. I enjoy Eric Melvin's solo in the song as well. Fit it great. Great song. 3. "Seeing Double At The Triple Rock" - Again, Eric Melvin's intro riff is perfect. This is definitely a highlight on this record. Also, the song that got me into NOFX in the first place. I definitely recommend checking out this song. 4. "We March To The Beat Of Indifferent Drum" - I was a bit iffy on this song. During my first listen to "WIWC" to my last listen of "WIWC" this song never really stood out to me. I wasn't the biggest fan of it. 5. "The Marxist Brothers" - Now, this is a song that stood out to me. It has the reggae/ska feel to it which NOFX is really good at it. Fat Mike's lyrics are very good in this as well. The drums have a cool beat, all around good song. One of my favourite songs on the record. I love the ending, it seems like the built up to it with the ska part. 6. "The Man I Killed" - Another good one! Nice short eighty second song that were used to with NOFX. Fat Mike's lyrics are great. Cool beat at the intro as well! 7. "Benny Got Blowed Up" - Not really into this one. If it was cut off "WIWC" I wouldn't really care. Doesn't stand out that much at all. 8. "Leaving Jesusland" - Here it is. The best song on the album. Fat Mike is a lyrical genius. The Chorus is really catchy, and the guitar riff just makes it all so much better. I think I could listen to this song over and over again. Definitely listen to it. 9. "Getting High On The Down Low" - Not much to really say about this one. It was pretty good! 10. "Cool And Unusual Punishment" - Again didn't really stand out to me, but is still a good tune! Eric Melvin does some cool noodling on the guitar. 11. "Wolves In Wolves Clothing" - Love that opening riff! When this song kicks in it kicks hard. Great tune. The guitar work is very very good. 12. "Cantado En Espanol" - This song was weird to listen to at first, probably because it is not in English. It wasn't that enjoyable but a nice change of pace. 13. "100 Time Fuckeder" - Really awesome drums at the beginning. Wasn't my favourite song thats for sure. 14. "Instant Classic" - ?? Wut. 15. "You Will Lose Faith" - Another classic NOFX song. Fast drums, cool guitars in it. Again wasn't one of my favourites but pretty good. 16. "One Celled Creature" - This one always seemed epic to me in a way. Eric's vocals are always good! 17. "Doornails" - I really liked this one. It's sad, and I shouldn't say much about it. But definitely give it a listen. Definitely stood out, especially the lyrics. 18. "60% (Reprise)" - A great way to end this monster of an album just as it started.

Fat Mike to me has always had amazing lyrics. Every song has some different on this album lyrically that makes them all so good. For example "Leaving Jesusland" had some of the best lyrics on the record. Same with the "Marxist Brothers" and "Wolves In Wolves Clothing". Fat Mike is not the best singer ever, but he vocals fit perfectly for the songs he is writing. I could not imagine these songs with any other singer. The lyrics don't always rhyme at all, but Fat Mike seems to always fine ways to make them work! Eric Melvin as always does a good job with his vocals.

Most impressive songs have to be: - "Leaving Jesusland" - "Seeing Double At The Triple Rock" - "The Marxist Brothers" - "Wolves In Wolves Clothing" - "Doornails" - "USA-Holes" I loved the recording quality again the lyrics. The musicality was terrific. If this album was stolen I would with no question go buy another copy. Really really good record. I recommend to anyone who is a NOFX fan. I also believe this record is great for people just getting into NOFX. The only thing I hated was a couple filler tracks but hey, that happens with almost every record. "WIWC", great album.

YouTube preview picture
YouTube preview picture

Robbgnarly
    I bought this CD when it came out and it is OK, but nothing compared to other NOFX releases. Punk in Drublic So long and thanks for all the shoes The Decline Pump up the Valum are much much better
    grea789
    til I looked at the draft ov $7328, I accept that my best friend was like they say actualy receiving money part-time on their computer.. there aunts neighbour haz done this for only nineteen months and just repayed the dept on there villa and got a new Volkswagen Golf GTI. go to, Great70dotcom