First Canvas: The Neverending Nothing review by Noisekraft

• Released: Apr 10, 2015
Noisekraft: First Canvas: The Neverending Nothing

A strange mix of field recordings, gear experiments and what a lot of people might call "post-rock." The production quality is raw, lo-fi but at the same time sounds incredibly warm, especially if listened through headphones. Guitars, far echoes, crackles, synths and long reverbs are the standard here and sound very solid and well produced. As far as I know the artist works with tape equipment and this is easily listenable compared to other LPs.

I do not really think that this might be a "vocal" album. All lyrics are very profound and deep, a real roller-coaster inside the mind of a dying man. His harsh memories can totally touch your hearth because you can relate to them. They're all pretty common events but all have a bittersweet shade that makes you think about "daily" problems. I appreciate the singing style and production, very low and perfectly mashed with sounds.

I listened to some others Noisekraft's library but no one really compares to this. The red line that connects the memories of this nameless dying man is a great concept that followed myself even after the end. Only 40 minutes of music that will lead you into thinking about life and death, but not in that stereotyped and "machism" of metal bands. The long "Black Under Indigo" is the brightest star of all the tunes and is a really great song overall, moving the feelings. Must have of the underground market.