Miracle review by Nonpoint

• Released: May 4, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
Nonpoint: Miracle

"Miracle" is the seventh studio album from the band, Nonpoint. The album contains thirteen tracks, one is a cover of Pantera ("5 Minutes Alone"). The album was produced by the singer from Mudvayne (Chad Gray), and guitarist (Greg Tribbett). The song, "Miracle", including a second voice in the background, which is that of Chad Gray. The song, "Lucky # 13", includes a hidden track, "Dead Soul". The record label's 954 Records. On this album you can notice a big influence on Nonpoint marketing. At the sound, we can say in general is good, but just good. The recording quality is just good, plus the sound is influenced by marketing, getting a different sound than the original Nonpoint. Nonpoint has abandoned the Alternative metal and Nu metal, to become something more commercial. We can feel the sound is much more Hard Rock. Everything, even the voice of Elias Soriano has changed to be something more commercial. The production by Chad Gray, has changed completely Nonpoint. Generate, sound quality good, but the fact of moving to a more commercial side, we subtract many points.

The weight change of gender in Nonpoint has also fallen into the lyrics. Now, it is much easier, it is also too simple and easy to understand, in addition to talking about things that do not give much thought. This is due to the commercialization of the album. Elias Soriano's voice is affected as well, now only sings in a very clean (like a Hard Rock band). In general, marketing has also affected the album's lyric and the singer's voice. The only best thing is that the background vocals of Chad Gray in "Miracle", is very powerful, as Chad Gray is a great vocalist for a band of Nu metal or Alternative metal.

The overall impression this album gives us, after having heard the other Nonpoint albums, leaves us with a very bad taste. The change that has occurred in this album is really overwhelming. Nonpoint genre has been known to change very fast, there's no doubt, but what they wanted was a new album of authentic Nonpoint. If we wanted, we could compare this album with Hard Rock group. Nonpoint has left the alternative, to be more commercial, something that fans do not appreciate much. Good songs you can name, "Miracle", "Shadow" and "Frontlines". Take very good this album is difficult, it is best to have a good connoisseur of alternative music, such as Chad Gray, but has worsened the album. Overall, the album is good for who is a fan of the music business these days, but for a fan of alternative music, is an insult. In general, a group that has gone into marketing.

Roberttitus
    The dude is from Spain... English probably isn't his first language, so give him some slack.
    Slaytan666
    The weight change of gender in Nonpoint has also fallen into the lyrics.
    The band got sex changes?
    mlukeroberts222
    I for one am a huge Nonpoint fan and have seen them on several different occassions. I completely disagree wih this review. In my opinion, the band took a major step forward with this album. The new guitarist improved the band tremendously and the difference in the music and lyrics, though not as significant as the writer makes it out to be, may just be a product of the band's growth and maturity. 'Miracle' stands as one of the great Nonpoint albums, if not the best.
    Ibanezrocker800
    what?
    ciadude2
    Ibanezrocker800 wrote: pollopitres wrote: abacus11, what the problem,want me to do another review?if you want, I do,is true, I did something fast this review what?
    I lol'd.
    BwareDWare94
    This review is nearly possible to read. Clean it up a bit before you submit it, would you? On topic, I have Nonpoint's first two albums, but have lost any interest in them since that time. They've got some good songs, but I just don't get anything out of them anymore.
    pollopitres
    This is my opinion, I can do another review but my opinion does not change, moreover, I think it's true what they say.
    lefty311
    Not the most coherent review for obvious reasons, but that's ok. Unfortunately, Nonpoint has been sliding down a pretty slippery slope in terms of production on their last two albums. The last two have been terribly produced. The sound is so muddy and watered down it's pretty unbearable. Not to mention the songs have been very stagnant. They really need Andy Goldman back in the band. To The Pain was their last great album. It's been nothing but downhill since then.
    pollopitres
    EpiExplorer
    Every ex-nu metal band ends up sounding like this, aside from Korn and Slipknot. Kudos for Korn, they still sound different, but Slipknot sounds far too much like some cheesy metalcore band now.