Recoil review by Nonpoint

• Released: Aug 3, 2004
Nonpoint: Recoil

This is Nonpoint's third major release. It shows their diversity very well. Nonpoint doesn't sacrafice melodiousness for the sake of being heavy, nor the opposite. The guitar is insanely original and well played. Andy Goldman is the perfect guitarist to compliment the rest of the band's sound. Everything fits together perfectly, and Andy never ceases to amaze me with his harmonics. He'll throw them in anywhere, and he is one of the only people who can make that style sound good.

The lyrics always fit the mood of the song. Elias never disapoints me with his singing ability. He has a great voice for the softer ballad-type songs, but he can scream and yell just as good as anybody else, if not better. The lyrics don't hit you quite as hard as the sound, but they are good.

Nonpoint is unlike most nu-metal bands because they don't sacrafice melodiousness for heaviness. The songs Boken Bones and Change demonstrate this very well. Change is just as heavy as most nu-metal songs these days, but much more melodic. My favorite songs on the cd are Broken Bones, In The Air Tonight, Change and Rabia. The cd is definitely worth picking up. you should even get 2 or 3 copies unless you lose one.