O God, The Aftermath review by Norma Jean

• Released: Mar 1, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Norma Jean: O God, The Aftermath

The music is freaking awesome. It isn't typical metal, but I love how they play deep things then go to a high pitched noise real quick. The addition of the new singer was a downgrade though, he is nowhere near as talented as a lot of metal singers out there. And if you bought "Bless The Martyr..." you know how you couldn't understand a word that singer was saying? Well, you still can't, but at least the lyrics are in the book this time. The book is awesome also.

The lyrics are good. And even though Norma Jean are considered Christian metal or whatever, they don't sing about religion and god that much (which is very good, that stuff gets annoying). They push their lyrics to the limit without going into something like "I wanna f--ing stab you!" like a lot of metal bands do. Lyrics flow pretty good with the music. Once again, the new singer sucks.

Compared to their last album, this is iffy. It's hard to like a lot of the songs when you don't like the singer, but I personally like "Bayonetwork" and a couple others, and that's it. If you like music that is different than anything you have heard before, than download these songs and listen to the guitars, don't buy it. I can't say anything about if it were stolen or lost, because I just sold this CD to my friend because I knew I would probably listen to it maybe once more in my lifetime. Buy "Bless The Martyr And Kiss The Child" instead if you want a Norma Jean CD. It is much better.