Redeemer review by Norma Jean

• Released: Sep 12, 2006
Norma Jean: Redeemer

Where can I even begin. Even though I am a long time Norma Jean fan I have to be amazed with the new cd. The first thing I noticed was that it's not near as aggressive as past albums. Normally I would list this as a bad thing, but in this case it isn't. The maturity on this album is astounding. They do an excellent job of doing heavy stuff while still maintaining good musicianship. They do a good job of making each song sound different from the one before. This was a major improvement from previous cds. Musically the standout track would have to be songs sound much sadder. It's much more mellow than the other songs, but it's still norma jean style and is an amazing song.

As always norma jean does an excellent job with lyrics. I've always been impressed with their lyrics and I was not dissapointed with this CD. "Let's break out the shotguns we're going to town." "I will not sleep while you're throwing anchors to a drowning generation." "While we thought that we were learning how to live we have been learning how to die, I should have known we would be legends."

Amazing CD. That's the bottom line. Hands down it is the best Norma Jean CD to date. I could not imagine it being lost, I may have to kill someone. There's no down side to the CD what so ever, everything about it is good. I think the CD is a defininent must have for any norma jean fan or for any hardcore fan looking for something new.

mrmarc772
    look at trivium....you know exactly what to expect in one of their songs
    yep just listen to metallica and you know what trivium sounds like
    A.U.S.T.I.N.
    t3hrav3n wrote: metal4life66613 wrote: there is no god scud22 wrote: What trash, I mean metal is supposed to be brutal and satanic and tell stories of mythical beasts and crazy shit. Listen, you Hot Topic sweatshirt buying that think this is metal, try listening to some real metal like Opeth, Slayer, and Amon Amarth. And Absentmental, are you that crass or are you a 14 year old saying that this is the best album of the year? This shit's not even metal, let alone music. both of you, grow up.
    i definetely agree. why come on a page about a CHRISTIAN band and talk your satanic trash! get off of here. also they are not just metal, they are metalcore, hardcore, mathcore. which is entirely different. metalCORE means that it has it's roots in metal. don't bash it because you worship satan you dirty piece of filth. get off of here and go to church so you can learn something.
    A.U.S.T.I.N.
    rockstarbowker wrote: If u dont like Norma Jean you shouldn't even be reading this! I hate the band Panic! At the Disco therefore im not gonna read a reveiw about there gay CD's! People can like what they want so stop wasting your time in fighting about something someone you dont even likes!
    well said. why come on here if you don't like them?
    Killian127
    Norma Jean is a HARDCORE band, if you are a metal fan with a closed mind, you arent gonna like em. srry. point is i know tons of ppl that listen to both and can TELL THE DIFFERENCE and still respect both genres, its not about whether its metal or not or hardcore enough or any of that, its about whether or not its quality msuic that took time and thought and creativity, and norma jean has that by the boatloads. I love Norma Jean, i also love Matallica, Lamb of God, even Coheed and Cambria, HORSE the band, Number 12, and literally hundreds of others, honestly my playlist any day has atleast 1000 tracks over atleast 50 different genres, including rap, hip-hop, progressive, rock, metal, hardcore, punk, and any mixes of the above. I can recognize good msuic when i hear it without biasing for or against it by what genre it is, and i know tons of ppl who can do the same, its called OPENING YOUR MIND . and trust me, when you learn to do that you'll have a much better experience whenever you listen to music.
    zipy525
    Norma Jean is my favorite band, because, lets face it- they know how to play a guitar. and they might not be everyone's favorite band, but you have to give credit where credit is deserved. And i agree with the guy who said," there's a big difference between metalCORE and metal." Because there is.
    zipy525
    Norma Jean is one of my favorite bands because, well, lets face it, they know how to play a guitar. And come on they might not be everyone's favorite band, but you have to give credit where credit is deserved. And i agree with the guy who said," there is a big difference between metalCORE and metal". Because there is. Now watch someone's gonna freak out cause i don't agree with their opinion. i give it 20 days.
    jasonkan
    In my opinion there is a difference between a CHRISTIAN BAND and a BAND OF CHRISTIANS. i) Obviously, a band of christians are just a band with the members all being christian e.g. norma jean, as i lay dying. If you think about it, are they praising God in their lyrics through singing or screaming? mhm..you make that judgement, again it is only my opinion. ii) A christian band however is a band that sings for God e.g hillsong united. So you people can decide whether you think Norma Jean are 'christian metal' or some other equivalent; whether they scream about good morals, or scream for God..you may need to reconsider this genre as a whole. And i don't understand the 'irony' in screaming christian bands..is it not all about the lyrics? I think there is alot of preconceived stereotyping here.