Mirror To Madness review by Norther

• Released: Aug 12, 2003
Norther: Mirror To Madness

Once again Norther hits us with some amazing guitar/keyboard works. Each song has the Norther feel to it, and similar sounds. To some, this could hurt the record but regardless, they are all good songs from top to bottom.

It's the same old lyrics you'd expect from Norther. A lot of hatred is felt through the lyrics in this album. Such examples are, "you're asleep and I love you, but more than thousand times I cut you" and "blood will fall when I unleash hell". Nothing impressive in the lyrical content of the album but that doesn't matter to me much, the music is what counts. Petri Lindroos' vocals are still some of the best in the genre I have ever heard. His scream is very clear, making the lyrics very understandable without having to refer to the booklet for the lyrics.

In comparison with Dreams Of Endless War, I feel that it didn't quite live up to it, but that was a hell of an album to follow up. Hell of an album regardless, but not up to par. My favorite songs on the album are Midnight Walker and Frozen Sky, the instrumental. A very well constructed song. If there are any complaints I have about this album, its the relative similar sounds in a few of the songs. Other than that, its Norther's guitar duo of Kride and Petri ripping guitar solos alongside Toumas Planman's keyboard solos. I highly suggest picking this album up if you have Dreams of Endless War and Death Unlimited already. Otherwise, I suggest getting those two first.

BloodRemains
    1. Norther and Finnish not Scandanavian. 2. The album is called Mirror OF Madness, not Mirror TO Madness. Other than that, some pretty good reviews, have heard the title track and intend on getting the CD but locals stores don't do to well in a variety.
    The Black Salts
    Just bought this album and must say it is impressive stuff. I agree that a few of the songs do seem to have a similar sound, especially the first two, but it's all good because these guys are fantastic.
    alucard6
    i like this album..... My favorite songs are Midnight stalker and Unleash Hell.. Great sound and great lyrics.... Some people compare them with Children Of Bodom,but i dont agree.... They sound different... COB are a lot more agressive and better in text writing.... I like both of them but i preffer COB....
    alucard6
    I just need to correct something from my last comment... Song is Midnight Walker and not Midnight Stalker... Sorry