Discoveries review by Northlane

• Released: Nov 11, 2011
Northlane: Discoveries

Northlane have hugely improved from their first CD "Hollow Existence". The sound of brutal riffs and insane breakdowns make this album a HUGE standout. Adrian (vocalist) has one of the music unique screams I've experienced. The whole album in general makes you want to stand up and just mosh. The opening song "Dispossession" is one of my favourites off the album, and was the best choice for the opening song. My only problem with it is I'd like to see at least 1 track with a guest vocalist to just sing. With Northlane I'm pretty sure it would sound amazing.

Lyrics are OUT OF THIS WORLD. They are great lyrics, which some can connect too and some are just something to scream out when you see them live (which I have 3 times). The lyrics are just perfect, fit the bands image, song titles & whole album. They flow together really well. Personal favourite would be either; "What is the price of judgement of life, i cry out in this dispossession" - "Dispossession". "All my life I've been searching for something to put my faith into to give my life to you. And I will love you in this world and if there s a next" - "Transcending Dimensions".

Can happily say, one of my favourite albums to date. All around great. Perfect band. The way they made it flow and gave it the brutal sound just blows my mind. Great great band. To own the CD makes it 10x better. It's beautiful, the album artwork, the book and the CD is just 10/10. Great band to see live, saw them first live with Parkway Drive on the Sick Summer Tour. Best night of my life. They know how to run a show, and when they played songs off this album it made it all the better.

jimcrow
    Also they have a butt-kicking cover of the Mortal Kombat Theme, make sure to check it out on YouTube!
    Disturbed_EMG
    Surprised it took this long for a review of this to show up here. They're a good band, and nice enough dudes, but a lot of their fans and the fact that they got so big so fast because of the timing of their album release (at the top of the "djent" trend) annoy me.
    Disturbed_EMG
    Sorry to double post, but by the look of this review we've got one of their annoying fans right here...
    Zacmegaga
    Should have added some points in the sound section about their crisp guitar sound, punchy drums and fantastic musicianship combined with excellent mixing and mastering which all put together form a tight, hard hitting album. Cos the review doesnt give much of a description of the album, its mainly how much you love Northlane. Just a suggestion.