Stories Of A Stranger review by O.A.R.

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
O.A.R.: Stories Of A Stranger

OAR still has their reggae/funk vibe only with less acoustic from Marc (vocals and acoustic/electric rhythm). A lot of their songs are heavy on lead and sax. The sound is really good, but I would of liked more acoustic in the record. The reggae is heavy on this record. Their is even a small rap part on "Program Director." It fits well with the song actually, and it was a nice touch.

The lyrics are sometimes cliche, but all the while from the heart. You can tell they have really grown as a band. Before they had fun songs, now a lot of their songs have meaning. Marc Roberge will always have a great voice for the band, but he has mixed it up more on this album.

I think this is their second best studio album. "Risen" was better, but this is still a great record. I think the best song is "Heard The World," it has a great feel and I think it can relate to everyone. I love the sound on this album. OAR has always had reggae in their music, but this is the most I have ever heard, and it fits well. I would buy it again if it was stolen/lost, it is a great album and I was very impressed. Overall, a phenomenal record.