Stories Of A Stranger review by O.A.R.

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
O.A.R.: Stories Of A Stranger

OAR has always been a great band with a great sound. On their past albums they stuck with more of the sound from their first record the Wander. This ablum is a very big change. They do keep that ska/regee feel to their songs but they really have brought a more alternitive style to their music. Love and Memories really is the song in my opinion that signifies their new alt feel. "Wonderful Day" is a great saxaphone song which you got to love. I think its Program Director which I swear they imported Bob Marleys voice in a part, it really was neat.

Marc is known for writing very cliche but fun lyrics. However I think on a few of the songs like Heard The World there is a new shown maturity of his lyrics, which seem very sincere. His voice itself on this ablum probably has its greatest showing of his vocal range which is very impressive.

This maybe OAR's best album but they really don't have one that is great so you'd have to listen to them all to decide. I just saw them live in Rochester NY and the new songs from this album really give the band a chance to do some great improve work with their songs. If it were lost I find the person who stole it kill them and then buy a new album.

johnstca
    O.A.R. simply rule! Just saw them for the 4th time in Cary, NC. This albumn is one of their best. A blend of sounds fills the albumn with a variety of sounds that make it very well-rounded. The track, 'Dakota', is a beautiful tribute to John Lennon and is my fravorite song on the albumn. Highly recommended albumn (also buy the Live 34th & 8th albumn)!
    jiminizzle
    I always liked O.A.R. but never really got to into them until recently. I'm thinking about gettin this cd now. and by the way, the lyrics when they perform black rock live are some of my favorite lyrics everrr. Just great feel.
    jhooves
    man, these guys have a few cds out. I don't know this one, but they need more reviews... cmon oar fans!