Be Here Now review by Oasis

• Released: Aug 21, 1997
Oasis: Be Here Now

Some might say this is Oasis worse album, others say it it the greatest rock n roll swindle. When this album came out in '97, there was mixed opinions. I was one all for it. Oasis progressed from their previous album, Whats The Story? to create longer, more complex songs. There really are a few classics here such as D'You Know What I Mean, Stand By Me, Don't Go Away and All Around The World. All Around The World clocks in at over 9 minutes then another 2 minute reprise at the end. The album also has other gems here like, My Big Mouth, I Hope I Think I Know and Be Here Now. The remaining tracks are also ace.

Noel is definatly a great songwriter. Here the lyrics are cathcy and memorable just like nearly every Oasis song. The melodies are sweet and Liam and Noels vocals are on top form. For me the stand out track for vocals would be D'You Know What I Mean, with catchy lyrics and a great chorus.

I have no idea why some people criticised this album. Sure Noel may hate it, but Liam loves it. Out of the 12 tracks maybe, possibly only 1 would be skipped. There is something here for everyone. A great album by a great band.