Definitely Maybe review by Oasis

• Released: Aug 4, 2009
Oasis: Definitely Maybe

Okay, this is where the album scores big points with me. Personally I love albums with a deep sound. This album is layered, multi tracked and all that jazz aswell, and it works. The pure thought gone behind the sound you hear is well beyond your usual debut album. The sound on the whole is pretty heavy with much distortion used, which can never be too much of a bad thing. The two guitars work well with lead and rhythm.

The lyrics are not brillinat. Yet this is still considered to be looked upon as one of the greatest moments of British music. It is all in the delivery of the lyrics though, lyrics which don't seem to be "deep" or "meaningful" are thrown at you by Liam rather than sung. However this works, it matches the coarse guitars and heavy sound.

This is the greatest album of all time bar none. Trust me, trust the millions of people who agree with me, it is simply the best, music does not get much better than this, where the lyrics don't live up to much the album makes up for it in pure balls. These guys put the balls back into music, and will continue to do so for ever.