Definitely Maybe review by Oasis

• Released: Aug 4, 2009
Oasis: Definitely Maybe

When I ask sensible people/friends, who know their music, "what is the best debut album of all time?", they mostly say "Definately Maybe". That is my opinion as well, it is the best debut album of all time, if not the best album of all time. The songs always give a sound of freshness in the guitars and Liams singing. The sound in this album is quite different from a lot of their other albums, and its a good sound.

The lyrics in this album aren't the most meaningful or impressive in the world but they state clearly what Oasis are about and go well with the songs. The opening track, rock'n roll star, opened with "I live my life in the city...". This is a great way to open the album because it sums up what their life has been like so far and what they're about. Overall the lyrics are great for such an album.

This album isn't necessarily better then other Oasis albums like Don't Belive the Truth or (Whats the Story) Morning Glory, it just feels different (hard to describe how). The best songs on the album are Supersonic, Slide Away, Columbia and Live Forever. If there was one problem I had with it is that Noel could of put more songs on the album, but this isn't really a problem with the actual album. If it was stolen i would Definately buy it back.