Definitely Maybe review by Oasis

• Released: Aug 4, 2009
Oasis: Definitely Maybe

Liam's vocals are great on this album, as he always was in the '90s. Noel sings some of the B-sides really well. Sometimes it is difficult to tell what instrument is what, because at times it it kind of muddy sounding. I personally don't hear any difference between this version (the remastered one) and the original one. That said, I have the digital download of the album so i don't know if that makes a difference or not. Some of the live versions of the songs don't have really good quality, but that's understandable. I bought this album for the extra songs, not for it being remastered.

The lyrics are great! Even though some of them are weird, such as "D'Yer Wanna Be a Spaceman?" and "Digsy's Dinner" and some other ones, I still think it is good. Even the B-sides and demos have some ace lyrics. Noel always seems to be singing about getting out of a town, which is a bit repetitive, but relatable. Songs like "Live Forever," "Slide Away," "Sad Song," "Take Me Away," and "Strange Thing" are really good in my opinion. I think it is really cool to see how some of the songs started out and how they evolved to be what they are today.

This album definitely compares to other Oasis albums. I think it is the best one. All of the songs are great, except "Shakermaker." I don't like that song very much. I love that this album has B-sides and demos on it. I think that was a really good decision on their part. A lot of the songs on it you could not legally download until now. I wish they would make all B-sides available to download. I don't like that they put some of the songs from "The Masterplan" on it. I would prefer it if they would have put some different B-sides and demos instead of already available B-sides. I would definitely buy it again if I had to. I love this album. It is definitely in my top five of all time!