Dig Out Your Soul review by Oasis

• Released: Oct 6, 2008
Oasis: Dig Out Your Soul

This album is probably the best that Oasis have produced since their peak of the 90's. Fans who've followed the band should probably consider it part of a trilogy. Definately Maybe - The Rock n Roll dream Whats The Story - Achieving the dream Dig Out Your Soul - A Psychedelic Reflection The album itself works well as a whole, with each song easily fitting in with the next while at the same time having a different attitude and style. It might take some time for listeners to trully appreciate the album but if you play it through a few times it most certainly opens up.

The lyrics are pretty much the same as any other Oasis album but more along the lines of Champagne Supernova than anything else. As usual Noel is writting his nonesense lyrics which actually seem to make sense when put in song format. And Liams lyrics have certainly come a long way from his first attempts such as "Little James".

This is certainly one of their most Beatlesesque album, though there are a number of other influences floating around. it's a highly psychedilic album that shows the Gallaghers have looked back on their strengths and really gone all out on this one. The most impressive songs for me were: - Bag it up - Waiting for the rapture - I'm outta time - The Shock of the lightening (I would have liked this song more if Radio 1 hadn't played it to death already) Though to be honest all had their strenths and weaknesses. If this album were stolen I would deffinately buy it again. Definately, not maybe.

ringocp2006
    this new oasis album has had a lot of thought put into it....its for the refined listner that can apprieciate the effort that has been put into the undertones along with the classic oasis sound..theres also 70's n 80's n 90's vibes all in there.dig deep n you might just understand music !! Ringo (dig out your soul)capeish?
    AwesomeDrummer
    there's some great songs on this, like "The shock of the lightning", "Bag it up", "the Turning" and "Falling Down", but some songs are really a bit pointless, like "(Get off your) High Horse Lady". Album has my seal of approval tho
    Ricky4635
    I'm glad that old bands like AC/DC, Metallica, Oasis and Alice Cooper are still doing new albums. Todays rap really sucks.
    mallen i am
    love this album too much and dont give liam false credit for shock of the lightning i mean seriously, dyou think he actually knows what litany means? great singer, but he just hasnt got the genius of noel, who did a great job with shock of the lightning.