Don't Believe The Truth review by Oasis

• Released: May 31, 2005
Oasis: Don't Believe The Truth

Different sound from Oasis on this album. The opening track is dynamite and it just keeps getting better. The introduction of Gem to guitars has had a huge influence on the sound of Oasis. Musically I'd say this is their best album to date.

Noel has a lot more songs to sing on, on this album which is ok, but as Liam is main singer I'd have liked to hear him feature on more of the tracks. Lyrically I think they've progressed backwards. This is probably due to Noel not writing all of the tracks. Good to see the others helping out but if you think back to when it was just Noel writing the tracks then you have to say that they albums were much better!

I think the album on a whole is their best since 1995. The music is so much better than previous albums and I think that's due to a better line up. Stand out tracks are Let There Be Love, The Importance Of Being Idle, Lyla and Turn Up The Sun! I've listened to the album religiously since I download it and each listen makes me like it more and more. It is a grower! Definite #1 album.