Don't Believe The Truth review by Oasis

• Released: May 31, 2005
Oasis: Don't Believe The Truth

The sound of Oasis has softened over the years when compared to their first album 'Definately Maybe', but is still worth listening to if your a dedicated fan. On previous albums they stuck mainly to guitar rock, but on this album they incorperate new sounds such as, harmonicas and various types of Drum sounds. On this album they had to re-record it a number of times as they were not happy with the results. Apart from the drummer everyone contributes to the album with songs, unlike the first 3 albums where Noel Gallagher wrote(borrowed) everything. My overall impression of 'Don't Believe The Truth' is that its the best one since 'Morning Glory' and should definately be listened to.

The lyrics work well as they are combined with well structured melodies. Let There Be love proves his. Liam and Noel both sing on the album, I feel this gives variety and can again be seen on 'Let There Be Love' as they sing a duet.

The best songs on the album are 'Lyla', 'Let There Be Love', 'Mucky Fingers' and 'A Bell Will Ring'. All of the songs on this album are listenable. With this album I love that they both sing, everyone contributes and it shows that Oasis are back on track. I would definately buy it again, but buy the special edition as you receive a free DVD!