Don't Believe The Truth review by Oasis

• Released: May 31, 2005
Oasis: Don't Believe The Truth

The sound this album is great. They've been mucking about with new sounds since SOTSOG and it evolved in to something more refined on Heathen Chemistry, but on this one, it's like a final product, polished. I like the harmonica influences and also the mellotron. Zak Starkey's drumming is just ace, the guy is the best drummer Oasis have had. I like the sound on all the tracks, if I have to pick one, I'd go for the Importance Of Being Idle, the best song on the album.

The lyrics, well Oasis have never been renowned for the lyrical prowess. It's pretty alright, I guess. Importance Of Being Idle, Part Of The Queue and Let There Be Love have got nice words, so does Guess God Thinks I'm Able.

Yeah, I think this album is better than the previous one, it's got a little bit more soul. I like the last one, but I think I will like this one more as time passes. The best song on this album is definitely The Importance Of Being Idle. Lyla, The Meaning Of Soul, Part Of The Queue are also class. I quite like Mucky Fingers, it's a good track, I like the idea of the harmonica and the mod sounding rhythm.