Don't Believe The Truth review by Oasis

• Released: May 31, 2005
Oasis: Don't Believe The Truth

The sound is good. It sounds actually a bit to basic to be Oasis, but that's the new style without Bonehead (rythm) and McGuigan (bass). The one thing that kinda pains me is that Liam's voice isn't the same anymore. He is still great but not smooth and he's definitely struggling a bit. It sounds like he's been singing for an extended period of time and he's getting tired. Like after you've been singing 10 songs already and you're on your 11th. That kind of thing. Another thing that kind of subtracts from the album is that the songs are a little unstructured but again that's the new style Oasis. I still absolutely love this album it's just different.

Lyrics are great except "let's go find a rainbow" for f--ks sake Liam. "'There'll be no tomorrow' they say well I say 'more's the pity'" now that is outstanding lyricism. And of course "fed up with life in the city, 'cause all the phoneys have blown my mind" amazing. What it means? Well, who knows. Not anyone in the band thats for sure. But it's about what they make you feel, they can be applied to anything. Personally, I can't tell between Andy Bell and Gem Archer's voices, and I don't really care. Their songs are good, certainly, but they're not on the same level as Noel.

Well, this CD is tops. The best track would be Mucky Fingers if he had more than one chorus, 'cause the chorus is incredible. More of that I say. Let There Be Love is great of course, it's the only song that sounds anything like the old Oasis, 'cause it's been around forever and was part of the old Oasis. Either way I love it. Part Of The Queue has to be the best known song on the album overall though. Keep The Dream Alive is another top song. I don't know if it's just an extension of Let There Be Love, but on the version I have, there is this incredible instrumental with like a few times "can you see it now?" It's f--king crazy everyone. I hope enough Oasis fans are reading this 'cause like unless it's an extension of Let There Be Love and I'm an idiot, not enough people know about this song find a way to get it. It's really worth it, I'm not f--king around. When I said known it's because of this track. It's the best song on the album hands down. I haven't bought this album 'cause it doesn't have this last track on it according to the labels, and I'm not spending 20$ on this CD without that last track. If it did have the last track on it I'd buy it again if I lost it, but I dont, so I'll just keep fastforwarding to 43:44. This album is definitely the start of something big, so get ready everyone. If Liam gets his voice back Greenday and the fucking Killers will be poor in no time. Speaking of Green Day, "Wake Me Up When September Ends" is a straight jack of Rockin' Chair by our boys from Burnage. Noel sould be talking some good shit right now on television.