Don't Believe The Truth review by Oasis

• Released: May 31, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky
Oasis: Don't Believe The Truth

Well this album is a shock to the system, the first thing you will ask yourself is where is Oasis? Basically you could mistake this for Oasis's version on '60s rock 'n' roll, which is exactly what it is. Why it took them so long to record this between Heathen Chemistry, from when they finished touring that album in March 2003 is a mystery. Because this album is by far the worst Oasis album ever, in fact I'm surprised they sunk this low. They got Dave Sardy to produce the album, the person responsible for producing "System Of A Down" and Bush's dissapointment "Goldenstate." And in America in LA, a British band like Oasis, its just weird. What they need to do if they wanna give the commercial crap away, is get Owen Morris to produce their next album like he did on the first three, because he makes loud records which what Oasis is. "Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants," "Heathen Chemistry" and "Don't Beleieve The Truth" have been major dissapointments.

Terrible! Noels are alright, but Andy Bells in Turn Up The Sun "I carry madness where ever I go, over the border and back to the snow, c'mon, Turn up the Sun, Turn it up for everyone?" Bonkers! Liams are awful too, "I could be your lover, we go on and on," wow Liam what a way to open the song.

This is a total dissapointment, Oasis have hit rock bottom with this, unless they think selling alot of records and disowning their true fans is worth it. The only decent song on the whole thing is surprisingly the Noel penned tune "Mucky Fingers" but even that was'nt that necceary. After what seemed to be a bit of a spark with "Heathen Chemistry" has now become a total let down, this album goes down like a knackered lift. If this album were lost or stolen, I would'nt even think about buying ever again.