Familiar To Millions [DVD] review by Oasis

• Released: Oct 21, 2003
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Oasis: Familiar To Millions [DVD]

Well, there are definitely a lot of Oasis followers out there, and have been ever since Oasis have gotten out on the circuit. My dad and I have just been picking up DVD's and have acquired a large collection, and I, being a fan of Oasis, decided to get this DVD to add to our collection. Apparantly, (according to the back of the box) the show was recorded at Wembley Stadium in 2000 to a show of 70,000+ people both nights. Now, I love Oasis, but the sound always seemed like it needed a little more "umph." I could barely here the lyrics being sang. You kind of have to know the songs real well to understand it. Though, paying just as much (even less) for a DVD than you could for a CD, and this one you can watch and listen to, it's a pretty good deal.

Content — 10
So, this DVD has four or five mini-documentries (kind of interesting), showings of the animation, etc. that they put behind the band on a large screen, full discography with some audio clips (not anything off the new album that's coming out of course), multi concert angles, interactive screen during the show, and an exclusive documentrary. So, pretty good extra stuff along with a decent concert. Oasis pretty much whip out some of their best stuff for their concert. For track 15 they do a cover of Neil Young's "Hey Hey, My My" which is pretty awesome. The favourite thing of the show for me was watching the back-up thing on the screen during their "final song" (before the 3-song encore), "Live Forever," they show nothing but John Lennon quotes that end up forming together one of John Lennon's more famous portraits (when he had short hair). All in all, good song choice for the concert.

Production Quality — 8
The production quality is pretty sharp. There's no blurred images or anything of that sorts. You get some pretty interesting camera angles that grab your attention, but they're dispersed and not so plentiful which has its pros + cons. I think everything is in top shape besides the sound.

If I were you and didn't already have this DVD I would most definitely buy it again. If you're an Oasis fan its a must-have. Once again, it's the sound that gets this DVD from having straight 5's. Your ear just has to get used to it.

cal?!
    yeh class gig...best ive ever gone to & pretty much miss that day
    Skullbolt
    I want to get it but i don't know where to find the dvd.that being said this dvd is awesome.(i've seen some of it before
    James_Calalo
    this is the best oasis DVD that you will ever had the best sound compare to other DVDs they released