Heathen Chemistry review by Oasis

• Released: Jul 1, 2002
Oasis: Heathen Chemistry

I don't think this is such a bad album. Out of the three latest Oasis albums to come out, this is definately the best, and comes the closest to being the good old Oasis of the Whats the story era that we all love. The Hindu Times started life as an intrumental, but the lyrics over the top do not suffer. Short verses in the song are effective and will lift any person up when they are down. Force of nature came from the SOTSOG time, but was held back, and so seems out of place. Hung in a bad place is not such a bad tune, but the chorus is a bit annoying, with liams vocals not sounding clean enough for the extended words he uses (HUUUUUUUUNG in a bad place) I think Stop crying your heart out is a beautiful song, although it does go on a bit. It could do with being 2-3 minutes rather than five. It is none the less a wonderfully written song, and its simplicity is very effective. The same goes for songbird. This time they have the length right. "-3 minutes of originality and simplicity from the pen of Liam rather than Noel. Little by little is a love it or hate it song. I am still divided on the subject, but I don't think its particularly bad. Its the kind of song that has probably spent hours in production, and still doesnt sound quite right. A quick peep I skip a lot, I don't really like it, even for an intrumental its pap. Probably in the mind is average, just average. It's not the kind of song that catches people imaginations, but again its not the kind of song you would skip, unless you were right by the CD player. She is love is a brilliant song. Its the first love song from Noel that is blatantly about love, and for anyone whos ever been in love, youll know exactly what hes singing about. As for the other two, well theyre ok, but i wouldnt want to spoil it too much for you. Overall, the best Oasis album in a while!