Heathen Chemistry review by Oasis

• Released: Jul 1, 2002
Oasis: Heathen Chemistry

Well, this is the equivalent of the beatles going from "Help" to "Sgt Pepper". It is a completely different type of music, compared 2 the well known "Mad fer it" sound. It's kinda wierd in the sense that it lacks rock n' roll guitar. Noel, and the others seem 2 have gone more 4 an acoustic rock which sometimes meets country...in a weird and twisted way. They pull it off though. 5/5 here! BTW, this is a chill-out album. Definitely not a sing along 1.

Noel has taken a brake in terms of song writting. The others seem to have had a go, and it's proven to be alright. I think that Noels lyrics still show that he is 1 of top (if not the best) songwritters to come out of britan since John Lennon. Liam also gave a shock 2 my system with "Song bird". Liam has proven 2 me that he has something else in common with his brother with that 1. It's bloody good! Gem and aolan write a nice musical 1, but I personally think it needs lyrics over the top.

This album is definitely different. It's a varied over all opinion I think, but I rekon it's 1 of their best...in it's own special way. Maybe not as gud as deffinately maybe, but it definitely proves that they're not burnt out. The only thing I can suggest, is that they do another rockin 1 soon. That's what people love them for, and that's what will bring the cash in for them. Good album though. I recommend "Little by little", "Songbird" and "She is love". With songs like these on the album, I'd happily buy it again if it got nicked.

djnugent
    What is the deal with the hidden track on "better man"?! Why the **** is there 30 minutes of blank before it?!