The Masterplan review by Oasis

• Released: Nov 3, 1998
Oasis: The Masterplan

This album is amazing. The guitar solos, singing, etc... basically everything is perfect. I like all the Oasis albums and this is one of my favourites. Oasis' s rock is top class as usual. The sound is great, the guitar sounds really great in the solos. However, there are a lot of silly endings in some songs, like in "(Its good) to be free", the accordian ending is really stupid and out of place.

The lyrics are fantastic, as usual. They really go with the tunes. Liams and Noels singing work with the style of music. In Aquiesce the verse sung by Liam and the chorus by Noel really makes the song stand out. The backing vocals by Noel sound great behind Liams lead singing.

This is a B - album, and it still compares to the other albums (not that they were bad, this is just amazing). My favourite song' s on the album are "The Masterplan", "The Swamp Song" and "Underneath the Sky". There are a lot of great B - Sides on the album but I think they shouldn t of put "I am the walrus in", its a good cover but they could have put in songs like "Step Out" and "D' yer wanna be a spaceman" in instead. Still, its an amazing album, if it were stolen I would definately get it again.