(What's The Story) Morning Glory? review by Oasis

• Released: Oct 3, 1995
Oasis: (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

The Gallagher brothers have made a great record here. Noel tends to keep it simple on the guitar but nevertheless brilliant. You always find yourself singing along. The songs are catchy. Liams vocals are kept blatent and almost shouted and this adds to the catchiness of the melody. The bass and rhythm guitar help to make the songs thick in texture whilst a lead guitar plays well over the top.

Lyrics are not Oasis's speciality. They seem to have an obsession with weather and repeat lines about 'Rain' and 'Sunshine'. 'Wonderwall' stands out with the best lyrics. The other songs lack meaning and cannot be related to. They seem to be written purely for the sake of rhyme. Liam and Noel share vocals and they both produce different sounds, both good, and they are both talented.

This is a classic album. Probably the best that Oasis have done. It contains a number of hits including 'Wonderwall', 'Roll With It', 'Don't Look Back In Anger' and 'Morning Glory'. I love the melodies in the album. I would advise any rock, indie or pop fan to at least consider buying it. I will make sure I always have a copy forever.