(What's The Story) Morning Glory? review by Oasis

• Released: Oct 3, 1995
Oasis: (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

Arguably the best album in the '90s and one of my favorite albums of all time, (What's the The Story) Morning Glory? has all around sound from acoustic to straight rock and roll. This album has everything a British alternative rocker would want. This album has also settled a feud with Blur. Blur was talking crap about Oasis, telling the media they were a much better band. The English media then made a big deal of this and called it "Oasis vs. Blur." Blur was basically the band that were favored my most people. They were the middle classmen that seemed to be the most popular people in high school. Then there is Oasis, people literally called them the bad boys that grew up on the mean streets of Manchester. With high school dropouts and brothers, Liam and Noel Gallagher. It seemed as if Blur were more favorable over Oasis. Then Oasis released (What's the Story) Morning Glory? The album sold more than 4 million singles. It turned out that Oasis won the battle while this album was at number 1 in the charts than any other album in the UK's history. The overall best song is Champagne Supernova. A song that originally shouldn't work out, somehow Oasis took this song, which only had like 7 different lines or so, and turned it in to a masterpiece. Like many Oasis songs, this starts off with an acoustic guitar and many other instruments and it hits the electric hard at the second chorus where everything switches over to distorted guitar. Then comes the famous riff which is short, easy, but great sounding. The songs solo is killer with Paul Weller, of The Jam, stepping in on lead guitar at the second part of the solo. Another excellent song in the album is Don't Look Back In Anger. This is the first time Noel Gallagher has lead vocals in a song, and it turned out to be a brilliant decision. Liam Gallagher had a choice of singing this or "Wonderwall," he chose "Wonderwall" just to piss off Noel. The song has the piano intro from John Lennon's "Imagine" but Noel Gallagher adds a short guitar part in the middle and the end of the intro. Noel puts short guitar riff after every line he sings, which shows how he can play lead guitar and lead vocals at the same time. The lines "So I start a revolution from my bed," is a tribute John Lennon. The song has an amazing solo and following that is the final chorus and a short and sweet riff that Noel plays. When I hear "Today was gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you," I get excited in so many ways. "Wonderwall," a masterpiece by Noel Gallagher had another version of Noel singing it instead of Liam. Noel Gallagher loved this song because it was about his friend-turned-girlfriend, meg. This song has many great lyrics and has a cool acoustic part with the cello. Everything just seemed to work for this song. After all this, Oasis showed how they can kick Blur's ass and how this album should be remembered like a Beatles album.

When lyrics come to mind, I think of Oasis. And it is mainly because of this album which Noel Gallagher is at his best. Liam's voice showed his immaturity and Noel's voice in "Don't Look Back In Anger" showed that Oasis has another singer. In "Hello" at the ending when Noel's backup voice is saying "It's good to be back," you can hear the guitar going along with his voice.

This album to me compared to a Beatles album and to be more specific, John Lennon. This band is highly influenced on John Lennon, with the piano intro and the tributes. "Hello," "Wonderwall," "Don't Look Back In Anger," "Morning Glory" and "Champagne Supernova" are the songs you must listen to. These songs basically made the album a great one. The best part about this album is how Noel Gallagher's songs are basically about his life, his accomplishments, and his mistakes. Yes, he admits his mistakes and states that you shouldn't do the same things. One thing that bothers me a little is Liam's vioce. Yes, it is much smoother and clearer than his present voice but it shows his immaturity which pisses me off. Yes, I will buy it if this album was misplaced or stolen, in fact I might buy it twice just because I love it so much.