(What's The Story) Morning Glory? review by Oasis

• Released: Oct 3, 1995
Oasis: (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

One of the most important British albums of the '90s with so many classics on it it could have been a Greatest Hits album. From the well-known classic Wonderwall, to the harder-hitting Roll With it, this truly is a classic album from start to finish, Varying Ballads and rock songs throughout. Ending on the beautiful and Breath-taking, Champagne Supernova.

Noel Gallagher is well reknowned for his top quality lyrics and this album is no expception, featureing some of his highest points. There are some strange lyrics in songs like Some Might Say(The Sink is full of fishies) but these are outweighed by the beautiful lryics in songs like Cast No Shadow, Don't Lok Back In Anger and the aforementioned, Champagne Supernova. Lyrics like 'Where were you while we were getting high' can get your spine tingling at times and show that Noel realy is a lyrical genius.

Easily the best brit-pop album ever made and the high point of Oasis' career, a genius that they will never be able to repeat again. The best song on the album for me is the beautiful 'Don't Look Back In Anger'. Beautiful guitars sprinkled all over the song a great chord progression, great singing and beautiful lyrics, truly a masterpiece. There is nothing I really dislike about this album apart from the fact that it has two tracks that are instrumental which great b-sides could have replaces (the masterplan, Anyone?) If it were stolen or lost I would track down the person who stole it get it off them and buy tow other copies so I always have backups of this masterpiece.

djnugent
    im ****ing sick of people saying definitely maybe is oasis' best album. goddamnit this is their best ****ing album it's the best album of all time!
    oasis1
    even though i said be here now was my favourite, this cant go unmentioned, probably the biggest album in the 90's,, its amazing, no words to describe it