Oh No review by OK Go

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
OK Go: Oh No

Well I was lucky enough to get an advance preview of this album and it's good. A definate progression from their first album after the depature of their second guitarist. The sound is more mellow but they can still kick it out when needs be (Do What You Want, Invincible). Damien has an amzing gift for being able to sing in a high pitch voice without anoying people (saying that I'm a big fan of Co&Ca).

The lyrics are just as impressive as on the last album. They don't just put words that rhyme together and hope it sounds good. They have a story running though almost all tracks from space aliens to disasters. This ability to write "funky" melodies in some part must be thanks to Damiens degree in semiotics.

Overall this album is great to have on at parties or to listen to by yourself when you have nothing to do. stand out songs for me have to be: A Million Ways, Do What You Want, Invincible, Oh Lately Its So Quiet. The band have not been able to punch through really into the mainstream areas of music (i.e. the charts) with any really success. Though hopefully this album will put an end to that with some really catchy tunes that should be unleashed on the world.