Oh No review by OK Go

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
OK Go: Oh No

From the crashing drums and screaming guitars of Invincible to the melodic hums of The House Wins, this album has pretty much all the boxes checked. Great value for money, the album is great to inspire any up-and-coming artist. Some very interesting sounds are used on the tracks, such as unintended (I think) feedback and chatting on Invincible and possibly Vibraphone solo in It's A Disaster. Not unusual seen as it's produced by the man who masterminded The Cardigans hits and Franz Ferdinand's first album. The only problem is that the guitar riff of A Million Ways can get annoying after a while.

Lyrics, well, they are just in a league of their own. Damien Kulash really has worked his socks off to bring this album together. Lyrics are meaningful yet rock n roll at the same time, it's what the more mainstream albums should sound like rather than focusing on obscure points. Kulash picks a subject and sticks to it, none of these songs prance about in frilly dresses to put it bluntly.

It definately compares to other albums. Of my top ten albums this is joint first with American Idiot. The most impressive songs in my opinion are Do What You Want and Crash The Party. It's and album for the masses, but only those who are individual. If I lost this album I really would go mental, then I'd go out and buy it again. It's a must have.

Zoas Wooten
    ok go are good for a while but you can easily overlisten them coz their songs are all so simple and uninteresting but they are still quite good