OK Go Review

artist: OK Go date: 09/26/2003 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

OK Go: OK Go
Released: Sep 17, 2002
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock, Punk-Pop
 9.2
 8.4
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
OK Go Reviewed by: geekynerd, on september 26, 2003

Sound: This is pop. I won't lie to you. This is pure, pure pop. Yes, they have guitars. They are still pop. This is amazing pop though, not manufactured pop, with their preconstructed beats and a cocky singer running through scales like it's going out of style. These are catchy lyrics on catchy melodies, with simple, catchy keyboards. The first five tracks are IMO the best, but this entire album is good. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are great, and the singer has some decent range. These people have a sense of humor, and it shows in their videos (in "Get Over It", the climax was interrupted by about 10 seconds of ping-pong). This is inventive, not innovative, but totally new, nothing you've ever heard before (except maybe the drums from "Get Over It"). Every song has a great hook, from "1000 Miles Per Hour", which actually made me get the album to "Get Over It" ("Aren't you such a catch? What a prize!/Got a body like a battle axe.../Love that perfect frown, honest eyes.../We ought to buy you a Cadillac."). // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great album, I love it and listened to it quite a bit. I would definitely recommend this to my friends, but I would want them to listen to it first. I know not everyone will like them, but it still is good music right there. The entire album is good, but the first five tracks are spectacular. I would purchase this again if push came to shove. // 10

Comments