In Defiance Of Existence Review

artist: Old Man's Child date: 05/21/2005 category: compact discs
Old Man's Child: In Defiance Of Existence
Released: Mar 25, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal, Scandinavian Metal, Death Metal/Black Metal, Symphonic Black Metal
In a genre that is either black or white, OMC's released a disc that resides in gray areas previously unexplored and even feared unattainable, making the transformation from pedigreed players living on reputation alone to a force to be reckoned with.
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
In Defiance Of Existence Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 21, 2005

Sound: AS usual, OMC really out did themselves on this album. A good modern black metal band and I have alot of reespect for Galder. Top notch recording quality, you can hear everything clearly as opposed to strict black metal. Nick Barker (ex-Cradle Of Filth, ex-Dimmu Borgir, ex-Brujeria) does a fantastic job behind the kit on this album as well. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are the same as their other albums and other bands of this nature. Glorification of Satan and bashing of God and good. Even though I myself am a christian I like the way his lyrics are and the way it's written. A prime example would be (besides all of the songs) 'Felonies Of The Christian Art.' Galder kicks ass at singing. He's one of my singing influences. // 10

Overall Impression: If you've listened to Dimmu before you will notice that it sounds alot like them, but that usually happens when two members of the same band have another project. Most impressive songs would be Felonies Of The Christian Art, Agony Of Fallen Grace, and In Quest Of Enigmatic Dreams. I was really surprised with that song. It's so beautiful. I love the singing, the guitar harmonies (esp. Agony) and the way everything melds together. What I don't like about it is that it sounds too close to Dimmu but then again that's just how Galder writes, both lyrically and musically, except that his music is a bit more technical in the lead department. If someone stole this I'd find em and brutally torture them and cut off their nuts and stuff em in their mouth and tell them to get their own. // 10

Comments