First Came The Law review by Once Nothing

• Released: Jan 15, 2007
Once Nothing: First Came The Law

What's "Blue Collar Metal"? If you are wondering who you should ask about this type of metal, these are the guys you need to ask. Once Nothing is different from other metal groups. Along with your normal ear screaming, mosh-pit break downs, they throw in a southern swing to their music. The music itself is just so interesting you just want to keep listening to it. Once Nothing used this CD to really get themselves the attention that they rightfully deserve, after all this is their first album with Solid State Records. They recordings are just just striaght and simple, a couple effects here and there, but nothing to fancy. The guitarist don't do much of leads, but they have some insane riffs that you should listen to. The drummer though, he is to me one of the best drummers out there right now. Overall you guys should checks these guys out.

The lyrics aren't really the best you'll find out there, but when the lyrics and music put together they really flow. Todd Lowery is a good song writer and knows what he is doing. Plus, there is no vulger language because thses guys are christian. Todd not to much of a singer, he trys, his sream though is one of a kind and is perfect for this style of metal.

Overall it is a great album indeed. Once you listen to them, you will to listen to them again and again. It's only their first album, but they have great things ahead of them in the future. The must here song on this album is "Whiskey Breath". This song is a great example of what "Blue Collar Metal" really is. First of all, the copy of the album I have was signed by all the members, so I would probably hunt down the guy and negotiate with my fists to give it back. But if this were any other copy, then yes I would go out and but it again because I love it that much and you need to get it too.