Operation Ivy review by Operation Ivy

• Released: Mar 6, 2000
Operation Ivy: Operation Ivy

I've been a fan of Rancid since the frist time I heard ...And Out Come The Wolves. After buying every Rancid CD there is, I decided to try out Operation Ivy. Every song on this album blew my mind. The speedy aggressive vocals, the skanky ska guitar rythms, and the crazy bass skills of Matt Freeman. This CD is a must for any ska/punker.

The lyrics are pure poetry, and they're very inspiring. I can't really type enough words to explain how good these lyrics are. Just buy the CD and see for yourself. The lead vocalist Jesse Michaels is really aggresive and makes you listen to what's he's got to say. Tim armstrong sings lead in the song "Bad Town" but he mostly does back up. He does a really good job. It's kinda wierd because Tim sounds really clean and not slurry like he does in rancid. Anyways the vocals are really good, and the lyrics will blow your mind.

If your a fan of rancid's ska and reggae stuff you will love Operation Ivy. There isn't one thing I dislike from this album I love everything about it. If this CD was lost/stolen I would definately buy it again no question about it. The songs that really stand out are "Unity", "Room Without A Window", and "Sound System". As much as I love Rancid I wish Operation Ivy was still around I wasn't even born when these guys were making music.

Shredder Guitar
    wildchild6660
    Shredder Guitar wrote: ah man im a fan of this band... to be honest i really got into them when i heard the cover of Knowledge on 1039/SOSH... this band owns them though haha
    Ha Ha. Same here
    Warpstarkirby
    [quote=joshissocool138]yeah this album is just a compilation album called "operation ivy" tracks 1-19 are from the energy LP, tracks 20-25 are from their "hectic" EP, and officer, and i got no are from a lookout records comilation album.[/quote] Energy remastered has all 27 tracks.