Blackwater Park review by Opeth

• Released: Feb 27, 2001
Opeth: Blackwater Park

This Opeth album has some of the greatest Opeth songs of all time. From begining to end, this album is a treat to listen to. The second song is my favorite, not sure why. Could be the overall progessiveness of it, or it could be Steven Wilsons (Porcupine Tree) voice in it. This is one of the best progressive metal albums to date, but only the second best Opeth album.

Mikael kerfeldt is simply amazing. For anyone to go from a laid back actually operatic singing to the deepest most horrifying growl in a second is outstanding. The lyrics themselves are well thought dark and somewhat depressing lyrics Opeth usally has in thier songs. Mikael is my hero.

Nothing compares to Opeth, except for Opeth. The reason I like this album so much is because this is the most diverse Opeth album to date. Bleak and The Drapery Falls are #2 and #3 on my favorite Opeth songs of all time. Patterns in the Ivy I and II are great mellow Opeth songs, but I like Opeth for the growls and progressive guitar riffs. The only thing that I don't like about this album is that of the drumming. In all other Opeth albums, the drumming sounds amazing, with the double bass and great use of the crashes, but this is still good. Overall, 2nd best Opeth album, great album.

D1mustaine
    Opeth is one of my favorite bands ever! I'm glad you guys decided to give it such high ratings and praises.
    Nightfyre
    hell, any song off this album ftw, they're all a cut above anything most bands could ever put out. absolutely phenominal album.
    Shazazmic
    "At first I was going to give the lyrics a rating of 4, but changed my mind and decided to give them a 5." Well buddy, looks like you accidentally gave them a 10!
    Nightfyre
    ^I think he meant 4 out of 5 and then he changed his mind to 5 out of 5. Just a guess.
    The Black Salts
    Oh my God, you idiots, Opeth is TERRIBLE. Just kidding, they`re just about the best and I love them haha.
    D1mustaine
    Opeth is one of my favorite bands. I'm glad you guys decided to give it such high ratings and praises! Great material.