Deliverance review by Opeth

• Released: Nov 12, 2002
Opeth: Deliverance

This band is my favorite band on the planet, and I have yet to find a bad Opeth anything. They created this album along with the Damnation album at the same time, this one heavy, Damnation slow and steady. They seemed like they were going for a Blackwater Park or Still Life feel on this record. When I first opened it and listened, I was happy, lets leave it at that.

Again, this is Mikael kerfeldt we are talking about here. This man is up on the list with the likes of Chuck Schulinder, Dave Mustaine, Isahn, and well god. The lyrics are as Opethy as usual, dark, deep, depressing, but yet beautiful. They match up so well with the music, he could be a poet, and rightfully is. The only problem that I have with the whole CD is this; Mikael's voice on The Pain I See In Others was too deathly scary for the clean guitars. It just made it too eerie and just didn't sound good.

This album ranks as my second lowest on the Opeth CD list. It is still worth buying by an Opeth fanatic or death metal fan, but did not have the overall deepness that usual Opeth CDs give out. It seems like they sort of stuck some songs together, which one is just amazing! The Master's Apprentices track is one of the most heavy songs I have ever heard. The clean break near the end just top it off. All I know, is that this was the last Opeth CD to go into my Opeth collection, but I don't know what lies in the future for Opeth.

XtremesWolf
    love this album, deliverance is an awesome song, just love to have 10 min heavy song
    Hexagram
    It seems like there is a mismatch of thoughts on this album. On one hand, this is people's least favorite album but on the other, this is their favorite. As for me, this is my favorite along with Damnation. A Fair Judgement is my favorite Opeth song but as for this cd, each song is splendidly amazing. Of course, ALL Opeth is amazing!