Ghost Reveries review by Opeth

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
Opeth: Ghost Reveries

Opeth's sound have evolved from the Heavieness of Orchid and MAYH. Through the soft side of Damnation, and into their current sound. People have said that they don't like the new Opeth CD, that they 'sold out' by making the Grand Conjuration Video. In reality, Mikael kerfeldt said that he hated the Grand Conjuration video. I personally love this CD, it's one of my current favorites. In an open Dmin tuning (D A D F A D) they mix heavy riffs with light Acoustic interludes just as perfectly as kerfeldt mixes his light vocals with the deep death growls. This one of the most recent Opeth CD's I have bought, and it sticks out as one of their best.

"The story of a man who killed his mother" is the main plot of the CD. kerfeldt shows off his great signing talent with great songs such as Beneath the Mire, Ghost Of Predition, and Reverie/Harlequim Forest. The plot of the CD blends perfectly with the music.

As far as I'm concerned, Opeth is in a league of its own. kerfeldt is so technicaly advanced with his music, and manages to blend his signing with the tone to make the perfect sound. My favorite songs are Reverie/Harlequim Forest, Beneath the Mire, and Ghost of Predition. There's nothing on this album I would change, it's perfect. If it were stolen, I'd hunt down whoever stole it, and beat them. Then go to the store and use their money to buy a new one.

all hail the d
    Amazing album the guitarists are just so talented, amazing lyrics Akerfeldts voice blows me away every time+ I played some of this CD to my mum, to my shock she actually liked! tho mostly the gentler songs like isolation years!
    Midnight Rocker
    this cd is incredible...get the limited edition and listen to the deep purple cover 'soldier of fortune'...its fantastic.