Lamentations [DVD] Review

9.4
 9.6
 9.2
Lamentations [DVD] Reviewed by: `NeXxuS`, on august 23, 2004

Sound: This is absolutely the best DVD I have ever watched. The band does the entire Damnation set and then a select few of the post-blackwater park songs. Some notable songs on the DVD are "A Fair Judgement," "Hope Leaves," and "Masters Apprentices". I was truly amazed at how talented this entire band was after watching this DVD. Mikael sings beautifully and brutally, Lopez drums like a god, Mendez will amaze you in the closing moments of the DVD with an insane bass line. Peter shows alot of his soloing off as well as Mikael. If you're a fan of Progressive music, Classic Rock, or Metal you must hear or see Opeth. // 10

Overall Impression: For anyone who has listened to the true metal genre, you'll immediately notice the originality, and complexity that Opeth bring to they're music. In my opinion they are the best band ever. I loved everything about this DVD and I'm not the only one just make a visit to the metal forum and youll quickly learn all about Opeth. // 10

Lamentations [DVD] Reviewed by: Pacal, on october 08, 2007

Sound: Chances are, if you are reading this you are already an Opeth fan and already know and love their sound. Rest assured, Opeth's blend of death metal with folk and jazz influenced interludes is here in and in fine shape. If you are a fan of their post-Still Life work you will be pleased with everything on the disc. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this DVD is an excellent buy if you can find it for around $15 like I did. I love everything about his DVD except for the lack of quality extras and occasionally having to look at Mikael's cavernous nose scraggly beard for too long. If it were lost or stolen I would probably wait and buy the DVD of The Roundhouse Tapes. // 9

Lamentations [DVD] Reviewed by: aenimafist, on january 12, 2008

Sound: For a live performance Opeth is a band you will not want to miss. When they are live they are perfectly set to go and will not mess up at all. That's how concentrated they are. They still have the classic sound and despite getting tired from the performance, Mikael's death growl still holds up great towards the end of the set. The thing that really made this sound so good is how they did the Damnation set which is all quiet, and then go straight into the heavier sets for Deliverance and so-forth. It is an amazing switch and utterly astounding. // 10

Overall Impression: This is probably one of the greatest bands of all time so it is not hard to get into Opeth. Evne if thou art a fan of soft rock you can buy Damnation. That shows how unique and versatile Opeth are. They can be soft and docile one moment and then be all death metal the next. Mikael Akerfeldt has to be one of the most Metal people in the music business. I bought this DVD for 13.99 at a store that raises the prices you know so buy this DVD because it is high quality and will save you bucks. // 10

Comments