My Arms, Your Hearse review by Opeth

Opeth: My Arms, Your Hearse

Sound on this album is amazing, and may not be as perfect as Blackwater Park, especially with a different producer, though it is one of the things that makes this album my favorite at the moment. The whole album retains a very dark, and supernatural mood throughout every song, with every instrument, while still displaying all of the agressiveness, and clean acoustic bits that Opeth is so well known for. The sound is undescribable, it has to be heard to be understood.

Mikael Akerfeldt is by far one of my favorite metal lyricists. He doesn't write cheesy lyrics, and they all mean something, and you really have to think about what he is saying. This is a concept album, and the lyrics are put together like a very descriptive story, with amazing emotion.

If you love Opeth's heavier, and darker side, this is the album for you. There is only one clean song on this album, and it is a very haunting song anyway. All of the songs display their amazing musicianship, and I would never be able to choose one song that is the best from this album. I put the cd in and let it play all the way through, that is how consistent their musical arrangements are. You can never go wrong buying an Opeth album, and this is definitely a prime example of that.

Pacal
    freedomdeceptiv
    awesome album, out of the two opeth albums i have (this and Still Life) this is heavier but still life has some sweet riffs... idk which is better
    jimivancobain
    Pacal wrote: Demon of the Fall has to be the most brutal, crushing, intense, amazing song since...ever?
    This man speaks the truth +inf
    ryan19
    Album is pretty awesome but my favorite Opeth albums are Still Life and Ghost Reveries.
    Ironjacob
    I think this is the best Opeth's album because you can hear the musical evolution of this amazing band. however Opeth is the best band in the world, because they aren't metal or rock or other musical style, they have created a new musical style and this is the reason