Time Travelling Blues review by Orange Goblin

• Released: Feb 2, 1999
Orange Goblin: Time Travelling Blues

This album gives off a more blues physcadelic sound of Orange Goblin, but still their rocking selves. The album is one of those which almost every track is equally good, but nothing amazingly spectacular (with the exception of 'Shine'). The riffs are memorable, heavy, even the addition of keyboards, piano gives a great contrast of blues sound adding to the rocking guitars and pounding "lazy-fills" drums.

The lyrics are all based on time travel, space and themes or bikers riding in the distant of time, all very written althought a little bit repetative. And with Ben Ward's excellent voice fitting in nicely with the bluesy/rock feel, it works very well.

This album sometimes amazes me. That just a simple rock and roll heavy metal band, with rocking tunes could be so great. Everything just blends nicely. My favourite tracks are 'Solarisphere', 'Shine', 'The Man Who Invented Time' and 'Time Travelling Blues'. Those are definitely my stand out tracks, but there filled with the same rocking edge. An album I would definitely buy if it were stolen (and definitely because I have the version with bonus cd with the album 'Frequencies From Planet Ten' and bonus tracks for both albums).