Candyass review by Orgy

• Released: Aug 18, 1998
Orgy: Candyass

Orgy's sound is very unique. Their sound is more industrial like like Nine Inch Nails except they use guitars and synthesizers to make the machine sounds. The collaboration with the synthesizer and the guitar sounds sweet. Amir and Ryan pull off that combination. Paige sounds good on bass. Though the most credit should go to the drummer Bobby Hewitt. In the beginning of Blue Monday he goes crazy and he keeps the rythm going.

The lyrics were pretty good. I think in one or two songs they could've improved: Dissention and Dizzy. The topics range from stitching up emptiness, saving freaks, imagining to be cool, and other weird yet cool stuff. Jay Gordon has an excellent voice. His voice got me hooked on a lot of the songs especially on Stitches and Fetisha. I love the collaboration on Revival with Jay and Korn's Jonathon Davis. The song sounded great and ended up being one of my favorite tracks off the cd.

Overall, Candyass was a good debut for Orgy. The sound got me hooked.The drummer was amazing on each track. Jay Gordon in my opinion is a great vocalist who doesn't rely on screaming that much. My top 5 tracks would be: Stitches, Fetisha, Blue Monday, Gender, and Revival. I'd say this is a buy. If you like industrial metal or orgy's second albulm Vapor Transmission then you'll like this cd.