Vapor Transmission review by Orgy

• Released: Oct 10, 2000
Orgy: Vapor Transmission

Orgys 2nd ablum Vapor Transmission takes you into thie synth teckno world at first but it is very unique and not alot of bands can take on this sound yet alone sound great with that I love their sound and Jay's vocals.

My overall impression of this cd was holy f--ck this band is great after Candyass I wasnt expecting it to be as eltronic as this album is but it's my favorite album out of the three they have out. The lyrics Jay's uses and their sound makes a very good deadly combo it fits thier sound perfectly. Jay's singing skills are byound normal he has a very great voice and his choice of lyrics and sound makes Orgy one hell of a band.

Well I love this album if it was stolen or lost I would go buy 2 more copies of it and keep one in safe keeping lol. This cd is my personal favorite out of Candyass, Vt, and Punk Statik Parnio. I love everything about the cd nothings at all its my favorite cd byfar. 01. Vapor Transmission takes you into Orgy's world of synth sounds. 02. Suckerface has a great bass riff in the start its a good song. 03. The Odyssey not as electronic as the other tracks wich makes its sound good also a good chorus. 04. Opticon my favorite song from this cd its a very cathy song. 05. Fiction (Dreams In Digital) is a bit deeper and more lyricly better than the other songs its very catchy and some of there best work (has a music vidoe). 06. Eva has good gutiar riff in the start. 07. 107 nothing that special but sitll a good song. 08. Dramtica also nothing to great but still good. 09. Eyes Radio Lies one of my fav tracks it a good song to lisen to when your bored. 10. Saving Faces a good song. 11. Re-Creation a good song nice bass line throught song. 12. Chasing Sirens overally a good song I love the chorus. 13. Wheres Gerrold nice v-drums and a great song.

Jales01
    So this is my first review on an album done on this page!....Pretty excited i guess, and what better way to start than to comment on Vapor Transmission! I love this album so much to the extent that i got it destroyed three times, and yes the one i have in my drawer is the fourth one! (I would definetely buy a 5th one if necessary). Im not sure how i should start this, i really like the idea of giving individual scores to each song, so i guess ill just give a short intro and then blast off into the real deal. Orgy is an extremely talented band, you don`t neccesarily need to be extremely complex or over-melodic in order to achieve respect in music. It all depends on quality, take for example Nirvana, their songs are short and sweet rather than long and boring... I was first introduced into the band while listening to Blue Monday off their Candyass record, and you know that song kicked ass. I really believe Vapor Transmission is the perfect progression album for Orgy, songs on this record sound a little bit more produced and in a more technical way. Candyass sounds a lot more Industrial and Dark...Vapor Transmission on the other hand spawns the listener with poppier-oriented tunes and a lot more syntheziser sounds if you will. The album carries 14 different songs, some faster than other, some way more "electric" than others, and Hey! guess what, we got ourselves a ballad-like kickass song in here too! So expect all kinds of rythm changes, Ryan, Amir, Jay, Bobby and Paige deliver their sophomore album with alot of maturity and effort. The result is a spectacular album with 13 plus Bonus songs that`ll definetely keep you wanting to hear it over and over. Not metal, not pop, not dance or disco, and really not punk, Orgy comes with a Industrial-like approach to a unique style of playing reminiscent of the new age rock scene that has been slowly fading due to lack of strong commercial sucess by many bands!! But let`s start off with the scores....its a lot more fun thant to simply blab out whatever im thinking. 1. Vapor Transmission -- Intro to the album, really tells you this is a very futuristic type of band. Stands in at over 2 minutes, you could skip it, but i really think its worth listening to. Once the bass drums kicks in, things get great! 10-10 2.Suckerface -- Kinda heavy, lyrics aint the best, but musically its a very well done song. As accustomed in Orgy songs, you hear lots of programmed effects that compliment each band members role in the songs. 9-10 3.The Odyssey --Carries out a thrashy vibe to it, with crazy drums dashing all over the place. Very simple with weird lyrics, but it absolutely gets you excited! Very nice riff and overall one of the heaviest on the album. 10-10 4.Opticon This is probably the most commercial song on the album. Its basically their second single but didnt actually deliver a music video to accompany it. It did get some radioplay and is a very awesome song. Talks about a sort of Robot probably in a metaphorical way relating to fame and how it revolves around people. Excellent in every way, it makes this song the perfect choice for a second single. 10-10 5.Fiction (Dreams in Digital)-- This is the first single. I remember listening and watching the video for the first time on Farmclub. I got completely excited about it and loved the way the guys looked in their futuristic hot-couture clothing. The song is very commercial and is perfectly done. Even has a small melodic solo that goes perfectly with the whole ambienting of the song. Incredible track in general. 10-10 6.Eva --The ballad. Simply beautiful, with gorgeous guitars, appropriate drumming and beautiful singing by Jay!. One of the fan favorites and was consideres the third single for the record. 10-10 7.107 --Everything starts shifting into a new direction from this point on. I guess you get to feel the more indutrial-based orgy on this side. 107 starts off with deep drums by Bobby and a couple of seconds afterwards, the synthesizer kicks in to give it the perfect blend we are expecting to find. Very nice tune! 9-10 8.Dramatica -- I love the name to this song, and was once my favorite track on the record! Jay reaches some pretty high notes rendering an awesome vocal capacity by him. Incredible song, the chorus is just perfect. 10-10 9.Eyes-Radio-Lies All i can say is WOW...i really cant figure what gender this song belongs to. Its just freakin weird. This songs couldve easily been done in 2050 if you ask me. The intro is so unique, something only Orgy gets to achieve. Im almost sure its my favorite song on the record. Lyrics are great and they go along perfectly with the rythm carried out by the song. Out of this world absolutely. 10-10 10.Saving Faces--Starts off with a poppy rythm, the whole song actually shows that, and you can hear Amir`s awesome synth-guitar here, and also Paiges really distorted bass!. The song kinda shifts completly once the chorus makes it entrance. Awesome, awesome song! 9-10 11.Recreation --Starts with a m