Echoes Of Decimation review by Origin

• Released: Mar 15, 2005
Origin: Echoes Of Decimation

Now I'm not much of a death metal person but I absolutely love this album. The guitars and drums are great. A good vocal range going from low growls to high screams. James King's drum work on this album is incredible. Now it's hard to fill the spot of a drummer as good as Origin's previous drummer John Longstreth but James does it quite well and he has some of the fastest blast beats I've ever heard, even faster then the blasts from Frost Of 1349. Refer to track 7, Amoeba, towards the end of it for the impressive blasts. Guitar work is just pure great. It's similar to the Polish death metal band Decapitated's guitars. No specific song for the great guitar work, it's impressive through the whole album.

I'm not highly impressed by the lyrics to the songs on this album but they're OK. Defiantly not the greatest ever. Thier vocals are pretty much the cookie cutter death metal vocals, low growls with the occasional scream. But thier lyrics and vocals fit thier music very well, so that's a good sign.

I was highly impressed by this album. Without a doubt one of the greatest death metal albums I've heard. Each song on this album is great. This is one of the few albums I have that I can listen to straight through with no urge to change tracks. Really the only downfall of this album is the short length, only about 26 minutes of playtime total. I would defiantly recommend this album to any fan of death metal. If your a true metalhead and you dont own this album make sure you get it, and soon! Trust me it's worth it.

AmorVincitOmnia
    I love the length actually.. My only downfall I'd count is lack of originality.. But ultimately.. This album rules so much. I too can listen to it all the way through.