Halloween review by Original Soundtrack

• Released: Aug 21, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Original Soundtrack: Halloween

The music on this soundtrack is from the recently released Halloween remake done by Rob Zombie. He also decided which music would be on the soundtrack for the film. The soundtrack, made up of classic rock songs, is a great addition to the film. It truly gives the film the feeling it did when the original came out in 1978. The soundtrack consists of 12 songs from the movie and 12 audio clips from the movie. The audio clips are just quotes from the movie. They almost seem unnecessary to the soundtrack. The songs consist of the works of Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, Peter Frampton, and Kiss (just to name a few). The only original songs to the soundtrack are two songs done by Tyler Bates (300, Devils Rejects, Dawn of the Dead), one of which being a remake of the original John Carpenter Halloween Theme. Halloween Theme 2007 is an eerie remake of the original theme, and it is very well done for a remake. The other songs on the album are nothing special. Don't get me wrong, all of the songs are classics and should be played often on iPods, CDs, and records, but I just think that maybe there could have been some more original music to this album. Some of the hightlights include Rush's Tom Sawyer, Nazareth's Love Hurts, Blue Oyster Cult's (Don't Fear) The Reaper, and even Nan Vernon's Mr. Sandman.

There isn't much to say about lyrics if you have heard the music from the soundtrack. These songs have been considered classics by millions. What isn't to love about the lyrics of Kiss' God Of Thunder or Peter Frampton's Baby, I Love Your Way? Simply put, the lyrics are classic.

For all I care, this album should be called Rob Zombie's Classic Rock Mixtape because that is all that I see this as. The only true reason I see to buy this album is to fill in your collection of missing classic rock songs that most people already own. Another reason would be to memorize the quotes included on the CD. While the songs are enjoyable, they don't really give you your money's worth.

Ekoroski
    jonhy2x4
    Rob zombie is a better director then all of you so if your gonna bad mouth some 1 for there work think he is a profesional so i cant do better Zombie Rox
    ValenceElectron
    blarnbatt wrote: i thought the movie was awesome. it was like watching a giat metal head kill suburban folk, how can you not love that.
    hells yeah! but dude, they made him a little too tall, I mean when he's in front of the door and you can see the top of his head in the window above the door, you know you're ****ed!! And yeah, the soundtrack was good too.
    Ibanez20th
    It was a pretty good remake. But the original halloween is a classic. Halloween is my favorite horror series. And while this was good it doesn't match the original.
    weirdguy1110
    All you people that are copmplaining about how micheal doesn't die when his shot al those times, that is explained in the later halloween movies, a cult that lives across the road from him when he was little invested powers in him that he did not know about, but they also destroyed his free will and make him kill countless people
    Dallen_007
    saucehead wrote: Halloween in August? What the hell were they thinking releasing it during the summer and not the week of Oct. 31? I'll rent it but can't justify the $20 to see it on the big screen. I still can't see any horror flic competing with the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre." Too bad that movie has been remade to death.
    Man, what movie theater are you going to that costs $20 to watch a movie? I wouldn't go see it either with prices like that.
    chives221
    the movie was alright. he makes it too vulgar though. no reason in having like 3 or 4 sex scenes and all that cussing. some of that was just unneeded. whatever happened to the original scary movie that wasnt full of gallons of blood, all these cuss words, and people screwing each other left and right.
    .willy.
    watch house of a thousand corpses on mushrooms. No jokes. If you still think it sucks, then maybe I have no taste.
    FireTag
    FourStringFury wrote: He changed a few things and added a ton of back story to it that wasn't there so there's where the originality comes in
    not exactly an original concept is it? just like the caravaners/teenagers-take-a-wrong-turn-and-get-butchered-by- hillbilys "ideas" zombie is always coming up with. that's what it seems like to me anyways.
    gnr2150
    devinbryndel wrote: Rob Zombie is one of the most original directors of our time. You guys just don't know the talen it takes to direct and write a movie. So take your opinion and shove it up your ass cause he has a very brillant twisted mind! and i bet u guys all think quineton tarantino also sucks! if so u need to go blow u heads off
    rob zombie is the only director who can acually make michael meyers scary again. Adn he did that, though i'm a fan of michael's , he still did a damn good job.
    gljbass
    ok, i see what yall are saying, people think this movie is a knock off, but I really liked it. I think this will spark up something better for Michael Myers than whats been going on in the more recent Halloween films. like everything after Halloween 5 was starting to get a little.... well crappy. A far as the story goes. I like the movies, they just aren't as good as the original ones. or as good as the Zombie one. \m/
    Silky Smooth
    leniwm1 wrote: First off, dont compare the two movies. john Carpenter didnt tell the story of Michael and why he began to kill. Rob does that, its a new spin, its liket he original never happened. Think of it that way and you will realize how good it is. Secondly, Rob is the luckiest man alive to have Sheri as a wife!! Thirdly, he is probably one of three directors that are bringn Horror back to movies and leaving Hollywood out. If you havent seen House of 1000 Corpses, watch the ending. The ****ers look like they out of Hellraiser or something. And he is brilliant, i'd rather have him make movies and ditch the music he is that good. Halloween Zombie style = perfect combination blood, sex and violence. Isnt that wat Horror movies are supposed to be?
    They are supposed to be scary!! Exactly why Zombie is a terrible director. You can slam the audience with as much language and nudity and blood as you want... But if it's not scary then you've failed at making a "horror" movie. Anyone who is a fan of horror who has seen this film must know inside that it just sucks on every level.
    Uglybassist
    it seems to me that it's the Original Halloween fans vs Rob Zombies fans on this one. I'm on the side of the original but I can at least tolerate Rob Zombie's. However, it's still not that great. It can entertain but not much more than that.
    blakehendrix
    Fallen13
    The movie sucked, it was unrealistic as shit. I mean come on, a 7 foot tall in-mate whose been rotting away for 15 years can throw people around like they're ****ing toys bull shit. it was obvious Zombie was just tyring to disturb ppl. I do have to admit however, it was better than the originals, which were horrible...and whoever said it was right..."he's no Scocese"
    NINNGHIZHIDDA
    gljbass wrote: sorry, ok, did anyone else notice that Michael Myers never actually tried to KILL his sister. He kidnapped her, but didn't kill her. He tried to catch her again, but didn't try to kill her.
    Yeah we get it dude, you wanna see him try and kill her watch the original.
    gljbass
    NINNGHIZHIDDA
    blakehendrix wrote: you guys cant compare either, but you have to in some ways because Michael Myers is only evil in the original, think about it, kills sister for no reason at all, as if suddenly just feels like stabbing people to death...the new one, gets bullied, family is retarded, he has reasons behind his psychotic acts, which makes him just psycho, not evil, well not pure evil.
    You heard it here folks, having a motive to kill isn't as evil as killing for no reason.
    killswitchCurse
    nope, i have a different definition about horror movies, horror for me its supposed to make people frightened, not throw up, blood and gore movies are ****ing disgusting and lack that what we horror movie-seekers go for. As far as i know all Rob Zombie movies have made me feel sick and they have shitty plots, sorry but its true, nothing against Rob himself but the movies where pretty bad in my opinion, at least he redeemed himself with this re-make which wasnt as bad as i expected.
    addeisdead
    The original was so great because it was very suspenseful and no one really knew why Michael was killing or what he really was. Zombie turned him into a normal human who just happens to be able to take a hundred bullets. It's idiotic. As far as the soundtrack, Zombie used 70's music because he always uses 70's music, not because it gives the movie a good feel. It worked in the Devil's Rejects, but Halloween is supposed to be updated to modern times and should have had a soundtrack to match. Or better yet, maybe it shouldn't have a soundtrack. There's an idea. Too much music really ruins the suspense of a movie like this.
    a_god
    i laughed alot during this movie. im not sure if that was because it was bad or because im seriously messed up.
    Arch1119
    The movie itself was okay...but nothing like the original except the fact he was after his sister...i watched it last night with my friends and girlfriend and we were laughing at it...if he was trying to do a remake of it..he didn't..if he was trying to make a new story of it with completely different perspective then w00t for him...he just better not think he needs to do all the rest because with that ending he can't pull it off
    Squidge
    I will say this, his movies are hard to follow, but damn they're good! And as for the soundtrack, all the songs are great, but I would say everybody who like this kind of music probably already have all the songs anyway.
    Jearl
    Saintanger20 wrote: I don't know why Hollywood can't get any new ideas. It seems like anymore all they're doing is remakes. Jeez! Get a life Rob Zombie!
    ha, im sure he has a much nicer life than you do.
    leniwm1
    He was scary as a kid, but i felt so bad for him. The part b4 the killn, wen he sat alone outside waiting to go but noone would take him. If Zombie can make you feel bad for Michael Myers of all peeps, he knows wat he is doin! In response to "Uglybassist", his movie does entertain but isnt it supposed to? I love the original as well, but this was great in its own right. I think Rob and Quentin are the best directors when it comes to including the soundtrack, especially Quentin, where does he find the songs he includes, so out of place but kick ass nonetheless
    Diablo1986
    I'm pretty sure there are no good horror movies coming out these days other than Zombie's. In an age of Japanese horror knock-offs, I find Rob's style to be a breath of fresh air. And by the way, did anyone else think Michael was scarier as a kid?
    Ekoroski
    Kelicon wrote: Ekoroski wrote: Well at least the soundtrack will match the god awfulness of the movie itself. rob zombie really needs to stop making movies why don't you try to have an open mind and see the movie first before you place judgement, it was a very good remake
    I never said i didn't see the movie, because i did. and i thought it was awful in comparison to the original and it was awful as a movie in general.
    Teufel
    I concur with the statement about Rob, The Devil's Rejects was a superb movie - impeccable, though House of a Thousand Corpses sucked ass. I can't wait to see this new Halloween as I've always enjoyed classic slasher films and typically when they're remade they're even better than the original.
    blarnbatt
    devinbryndel
    Nebblacktip
    Styx wrote: not really... his first movie wich i don't remember the title was a really sh!tty movie.
    Ya, i agree, but he's getting better. i actually liked devils rejects and the parts of halloween that were more like the original. As for the soundtrack, i think i already own all of the songs i like on it one way or another, but if you liked the original halloween, go see the movie for the quotes.
    paintITblack39
    devinbryndel wrote: Rob Zombie is one of the most original directors of our time. You guys just don't know the talen it takes to direct and write a movie . So take your opinion and shove it up your ass cause he has a very brillant twisted mind! and i bet u guys all think quineton tarantino also sucks! if so u need to go blow u heads off
    Welcome to the movie business . Checked.
    Kelicon