Halloween Review

4.7
 6.8
review (1) 72 comments vote for this album:
Halloween Reviewed by: UG Team, on september 07, 2007

Sound: The music on this soundtrack is from the recently released Halloween remake done by Rob Zombie. He also decided which music would be on the soundtrack for the film. The soundtrack, made up of classic rock songs, is a great addition to the film. It truly gives the film the feeling it did when the original came out in 1978. The soundtrack consists of 12 songs from the movie and 12 audio clips from the movie. The audio clips are just quotes from the movie. They almost seem unnecessary to the soundtrack. The songs consist of the works of Blue Oyster Cult, Rush, Peter Frampton, and Kiss (just to name a few). The only original songs to the soundtrack are two songs done by Tyler Bates (300, Devils Rejects, Dawn of the Dead), one of which being a remake of the original John Carpenter Halloween Theme. Halloween Theme 2007 is an eerie remake of the original theme, and it is very well done for a remake. The other songs on the album are nothing special. Don't get me wrong, all of the songs are classics and should be played often on iPods, CDs, and records, but I just think that maybe there could have been some more original music to this album. Some of the hightlights include Rush's Tom Sawyer, Nazareth's Love Hurts, Blue Oyster Cult's (Don't Fear) The Reaper, and even Nan Vernon's Mr. Sandman. // 4

Lyrics: There isn't much to say about lyrics if you have heard the music from the soundtrack. These songs have been considered classics by millions. What isn't to love about the lyrics of Kiss' God Of Thunder or Peter Frampton's Baby, I Love Your Way? Simply put, the lyrics are classic. // 7

Overall Impression: For all I care, this album should be called Rob Zombie's Classic Rock Mixtape because that is all that I see this as. The only true reason I see to buy this album is to fill in your collection of missing classic rock songs that most people already own. Another reason would be to memorize the quotes included on the CD. While the songs are enjoyable, they don't really give you your money's worth. // 3

Comments