Spider-Man 2 Review

Original Soundtrack: Spider-Man 2
Release Date: Aug 17, 2004
Label: Sony
Genres: Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge, Rap-Metal, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
This is a great soundtrack to have in anyone's collection.
 8.7
 5.2
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Spider-Man 2 Reviewed by: guitarista_727, on january 19, 2006

Sound: Most of the songs in this album fit the movie really well. Dashboard Confessional's 'Vindicated' starts the song, giving the whole album a good start, shall we say. The album ends with Spiderman's and Doc Ock's music, both played by the orchestra, which definitely gives a good feel to the movie and the album itself. // 9

Lyrics: All the songs here fit well to the album. I know, it doesn't make much sense, but other albums have songs that doesn't follow the theme. Dashboard Confessional and Train started the album with original songs following the movie's storyline. Some of the songs afterwards, like Midtown's 'Give It Up' is purely coincidental in theme. Another downside of this CD is including Jet in the album. I hate them so much, and their singer has this annoying voice that makes their songs feel old. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, the CD was really good. Most of the music they got for this album really fits the movie's theme. We got famous bands like Yellowcard, Hoobastank, Dashboard Confessional and Train to add some publicity, the way it seems, to the CD. The only thing that's pulling this down, as I mentioned, is Jet. Makes the album feel like it's kinda old. // 9

Comments